Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
This course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
- Refresher minimum duration – 420 minutes
- Blended minimum duration – 420 minutes
- Face-to-face minimum duration – 540 minutes
- Online with face-to-face minimum duration – 60 minutes